The Agency is a public institution as legal entity, subordinated to the Government, established by the Government Decision № 960 from 17.11.2014 "On Approval of the Regulations on the organization and functioning of the National Anti-Doping Agency"
The Agency’s mission is to ensure and support the implementation of the Government Program’s objectives through the development, promotion and implementation of policies in the field of prevention and fight against the phenomenon of doping at the national level, the promotion of clean sport practices to protect the health of athletes, promote and support the study of the phenomenon of doping in sport, as well as development of special regulations in its fields of activity, including bringing them into line with the international standards and requirements.
For realization of its mission, the Agency performs the following functions:
1) development and implementation within its competence, programs and national plans of action in the following areas: prevention and fight against the phenomenon of doping at the national level, the promotion of clean sport practices to protect the health of athletes and respect for the principle of fair play in sport;
2) to promote and support research phenomenon of doping in sport;
3) cooperation with specialized central authorities of public administration, the National Olympic and Sports Committee and sports structures in terms of the development and promotion of programs and plans related to this field;
4) management, development and approval of financing, as well as to monitor the use of funds to implement annual programs related to the Agency's activities;
5) organizing and coordinating the implementation of policies in the area of its competence, to ensure uniform application of national and international legislation in this area;
6) to support scientific research in the field of preventing and combating the phenomenon of doping in sport;
7) to ensure international cooperation in preventing and combating the phenomenon of doping in sport through the conclusion and implementation of international agreements and treaties in this area;
8) the organization and implementation in accordance with applicable law of public procurement of goods, works and services for the needs related to the sphere of activity of the Agency;
9) coordination of the preparation, training and retraining in the field of activity;
10) the organization of seminars, conferences, thematic workshops and the establishment of international cooperation in its areas of activity;
11) supporting and undertaking measures to accelerate the process of attracting foreign investment in this area;
12) ensure compliance and implement the provisions of international agreements and treaties, the laws and regulations in the field;
13) the application of and compliance with procedures within the limits prescribed by international standards, filling of standard documents related to the activities to prevent and combat the phenomenon of doping in sport;
14) performing other functions in accordance with applicable law.